Connecting with Happiness


I believe it is our birthright to feel good and connect to the wellspring of joy within. However, sometimes I disconnect from my Source especially when in the middle of an obstacle or striving of some sort. This struggle can place happiness just out of reach. “When I get a new job I will be happy” or “When I find love I will be happy” these are common pitfalls for so many people.  The key is to feel the joy in this moment and then that job or relationship is easier to connect with.  So what is the shift that needs to take place in order to experience and connect to joy in this moment?

For me it is all about connecting with who I really am.  This can happen instantly when I am reminded that my essence is love and there is nothing I need to do to deserve happiness. Joy is my core, it is who I am.  There was a time in my life I would have read that last sentence and wanted to puke, “Yeah right, joy is my core? Then why am I feeling like so bad?” What happened for me was I hit a bottom feeling like crapola all the time and decided to pretend that I deserved love no matter what I had done, accomplished or not accomplished.  I began to act as if I believed I was a spiritual being having a human experience. That I was a perfect Supreme being here to learn and make mistakes so that I would grow.  Crazy, amazing things started to happen in my life.  But best of all I felt an immediate shift, I was at peace.  All of a sudden I could bounce down the streets smelling the flowers and be totally happy even though everything on the outside wasn’t any different than 10 minutes before my shift in thinking.  I now had evidence that I am a spiritual being having a human experience and that my core is joy.  So next time you find yourself in the dumps or struggling with something, remind yourself who you really are take a deep breath and surrender.

Comments

  1. This is exactly where I am at right now and EXACTLY what I needed to hear! Sending you and the beautiful baby boy lots of love:) Xoxo kari (www.samkilljoy.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got the message! We all need those reminders from time to time. Sending you love Kari

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts